- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 1999
- University of Detroit-Mercy, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1996
LICENSURE & ADMISSIONS
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court-Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court-Western District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
HONORS & AWARDS
- AV Preeminent® (highest) Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2020 “Top Lawyer” by DBusiness magazine
- 2018 – 2019 “Super Lawyer” by Michigan Super Lawyers
- 2009 – 2014 “Rising Star” by Michigan Super Lawyers
Matthew J. Thomas
Matthew Thomas is a partner and trial attorney with the Firm. For more than two decades, Matt has earned the respect of his clients, courts and opposing counsel, and has gained a reputation for effective advocacy and civility both in and out of the courtroom.
Matt specializes in the representation of defendants in professional and general liability matters. His clients include physicians and other healthcare providers and facilities; attorneys; insurance agents; trucking and commercial carriers; liability insurers; and companies of all sizes. Matt has devoted his career to protecting his clients when faced with professional liability/malpractice claims; actions before state licensing agencies and the Attorney Grievance Commission; premises liability and auto/trucking actions; construction and other complex litigation; products liability matters; insurance coverage disputes; and employment issues.
As a trial attorney, Matt handles all phases of litigation from pre-suit through trial. He has an impressive win/loss record, including numerous summary dismissals and no cause defense verdicts. In addition to his trial practice, Matt has an active appellate practice, having successfully briefed and argued before both the Michigan Court of Appeals and United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Link to full Curriculum Vitae